Thursday, February 17, 2005

prologue


simply put, I'm a canadian writer who was born in cape town, south africa. I recently left my job as a program manager in the microsoft office server group. my reason for leaving the states was transparent -- I got married and I wanted to live in canada with my wife. :)

I worked in the content management server (MCMS) development group. based on my constant exposure to web publishing applications, it has taken a long time for me to find enough justification to start a blog. my first post explains my rationale for finally taking the plunge.

if you would like to read more about me, you can read my bio, or you can just glance at this quick rundown of what I've been up to over the last few years:

2005 - authored a Halo book for Sams and Halo 2 Hacks for O'Reilly







2004 - authored The Unauthorized Halo 2 Battle Guide: Advanced Combat Techniques for Thompson Course Technology



2004 - left microsoft and signed on with the StudioB agency. they represent me for all non-fiction work
2003 - spoke with reporter john lee about canadians working at microsoft
2003 - worked as a program manager in the office server group
2003 - continued to speak at microsoft's teched conference, in 2003 i had the privilege of presenting at the conference in Dallas Texas, Brisbane Australia, Auckland New Zealand and Sun City South Africa.
2003 - co-authored Microsoft Content Management Server 2002: A Complete Guide for Addison-Wesley



2002 - wrote some sample code for Microsoft .NET Server Solutions for the Enterprise



2002 - joined the MCMS product group as a web developer
2001 - joined microsoft as a technical lead
1999 - founded the mcms faq. originally started for the web publishing facility of NCompass Resolution, the FAQ has grown to include thousands of questions and answers about mcms. thanks go to Stefan Goßner for continuing the project.
1999 - worked for NCompass Labs (NCompass Resolution became Microsoft Content Management Server)


No comments: