Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Xbox 360: red light green light

sadly, I've run into a major issue with my beloved Xbox 360. I have been afflicted by the deadly "three red lights" error (read: must send machine to MS). no bejeweled 2 for 4-6 weeks .

although the support person was helpful, they have a computerized voice response layer at the front end. it was pretty frustrating to try and get an actual person... even with them trying to make the computer voice sound hip and using surfer band hold music.

this problem has affected a lot of people. of course, there's no telling who's to blame. it could be a third-party component failure. but it's a black eye for the green box.


- three red flashing lights is the worst-case scenario

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too....although I haven't confirmed it to be absolute. I've had it on and off and am afraid.......:D

Stephen Cawood said...

it takes 4-6 weeks so pick a time when you'll be out of town or something and send it in.

just remember... they have to send you the shipping box -- which has taken over a week in my case.