Monday, February 20, 2006

this blog ain't spam

my blog has been incorrectly tagged as a 'spam blog.' I received this nice message...

"Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive."

according to blogger, spam blogs have "a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site." I believe that this is why I've been tagged. in an effort to make my blog more accessible, you may have noticed that I added a "Posts By Categories" section on the right. unfortunately, blogger doesn't offer a metatag based taxonomy system, so I had to do this by hand. I'm betting that these posts - which include many links to blogspot - caused the false positive. I would think that blogger.com would be aware that bloggers link to their own posts.

update: it took their human checkers less than 24 hours to reverse this error. I wonder how many people have to check these things?

No comments: